One of my favorite types of desserts is a loaf. You can seriously do just about anything with it. You can top a slice with almond butter, add it to your yogurt bowls, have it as a snack, breakfast, lunch, dinner, literally any time of the day. Really I’m obsessed with all things sweets, but a loaf has a special place in my heart. A few months ago I created a recipe that makes a great and simple loaf. Now, I use that same recipe and add a few other ingredients to create the cinnamon apple flavor. I love taking old recipes and revamping them to create something even more tasty than before. I love this particular flavor because I’m obsessed with cinnamon and apples because it reminds me of fall. I love all the things surrounding fall from the leaves to the weather to the sweaters. In the heat of the summer right now, it’s all I can think about. Anyone else love fall just as much as I do? Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions about it.
- 4 eggs
- 1tbs apple cide vinegar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter (you can sub 1 cup of one nut butter instead!)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional topping: chocolate chips!
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda and let it fiz completely
- Add in the eggs, nut butters, and applesauce and mix well. Note that the nut butters I used are more liquidy then super thick. I think if you change that, the texture might be different, but it is possible to use it still!
- Chop 1/2 of a large apple into small pieces and add it to the mixture along with the pecans and the cinnamon, mix again
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and top with more apple chunks, pecans, and chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for about 37 minutes. The best way to check is by poking through the center with a toothpick and, if it comes out clean, it’s ready!
H A P P Y B A K I N G