Tahini + almond butter = my favorite flavor combo. Especially when it’s Georgia Grinders maple caramel almond butter. This flavor is so warm and sweet it just reminds me of fall. I’ve been dying to make a new recipe with this flavor combo and of course they turned into cookies. Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake because they come in all shapes and sizes. They can be small and super soft and be called cookies. They can also be really large and crunchy and still be cookies! Also, who doesn’t love cookies?? I hope you guys like these cookies as much as I did! They were gone in less than two days so clearly my family and I loved them. Let me know if you have any questions!
Pro Tip: top with extra almond butter when you eat it 🙂
- 1/2 cup Georgia Grinders maple caramel almond butter
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbs applesauce
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- optional: sea salt to top
- Peel and boil one small sweet potato. Once its soft (use a fork to check) mash it until it’s smooth. Measure out 1/3 of a cup and pour it into a small bowl. If you have left over, honestly just eat it! Add a little spice to it and you have mashed potatoes lol
- In a separate bowl combine almond butter, tahini, and applesauce and mix well.
- Add in sweet potato and shredded coconut to the mix and continue to stir until it’s a smooth mixture.
- Create ball shapes and then press down using the back of a fork. Sprinkle sea salt on top of each one!
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Some of the oils tend to bake out because of the almond butter and the tahini, so take the cookies off of the baking sheet in order to remove the extra oils and prevent them from making the cookies soggy.
Store in the fridge and enjoy!