I may not celebrate Easter, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get in the holiday spirit. I love seeing all the baked goods and sweet treats around this time of year. I feel like they’re always so colorful and cute and they spark a little inspiration inside my baking and recipe developing brain. I wanted to come up with a simple recipe that was Easter inspired, but could be made any time of the year. Hope you guys like it!
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup date honey
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 bar of chocolate (to melt and dip)
- Mix together the wet ingredients. Make sure to break apart any clumps so a smooth liquid has been made
- Mix in the dry and continue to stir so a thicker batter is formed. I had to use my hands towards the end to make sure the batter was well mixed
- Carefully form egg shapes out of the batter. They should not stick to your hands so they should be easy to roll and shape. Freeze the eggs
- Melt the chocolate!
- Once the eggs have hardened, dip each one or drizzle the chocolate on top to coat the eggs. You can put as little or as much on
- Optional: sprinkle a little sea salt on top
- Place in the freezer overnight and chill! Plate and serve just in time for Easter or any occasion 🙂