Summer time and ice cream is like peanut butter and jelly, you just can’t have one without the other. I love sitting by the pool or the beach during the summer with a cold ice cream cone topped with my favorite toppings like nuts or sprinkles. While it’s one of my favorite things to do, I struggle to find ones that I can actually eat without major stomach pain right after. I have been lactose intolerant for as long as I can remember, but I used to just push through the pain. These days, I prefer to find better options so I don’t have to push through anything. So I decided to create my own simple ice cream that I could enjoy without any of the discomfort that comes with regular dairy ice cream.
My version is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free so it’s perfect for so many food intolerances. You can even sub the nut butter for sunflower butter if you can’t do nuts! This recipe is super simple, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Happy summer friends 🙂
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- optional add ins: chocolate chunks (mint chocolate) and sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a lined container and freeze overnight
- Let it thaw for a little before scooping and enjoy!