I didn’t know that skillet cookies were a thing until I started my food blog! I started following a bunch of amazing recipe developers and I stumbled across the amazing skillet cookie. I loved how easy they were to make and, even more so, I loved that you could eat a giant cookie with a spoon. I’m so excited to finally bring you my own version of a skillet cookie. My version is gluten free of course and I even made it vegan for all my plant based foodies. The cookie has no refined sugars and has the perfect balance between dark chocolate and maple. You can mix up the flavor by subbing honey or another chocolate of your choice! Hope you guys love this one as much as I do. Happy baking friends!
- 1 bar melted chocolate
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Melt one bar of dark chocolate or chocolate of your choice!
- Add in the wet ingredients into the melted chocolate and stir well
- Add in the dry and stir to create a smooth and even batter
- Pour the mixture into a large skillet, top with extra chocolate chunks, and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 or until golden brown
- Top with a pinch of sea salt and enjoy 🙂