Whenever summer hits, all I crave is ice cream. I want to sit outside in the sun, hopefully by the pool, with a bowl of fruit topped with ice cream. However, when I learned I had to stop eating dairy, I was very disappointed with my ice cream options. Every brand I bought was either too icy, not very tasty, or was full of unnecessary gums and flavorings, and of course, lots of sugar. In the hopes of creating my own, I made these! They’re not exactly the creamy ice cream you would eat from the bowl, but they’re perfect little sandwiches using two layers of soft vegan cookie dough and a banana raspberry filling. They have no gluten, no dairy, vegan, and refined sugar free. Let’s just say, they have made for the PERFECT summer treat in the hot sun 🙂 Hope you guys love them!
Cookie Dough Layers:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Ice Cream Layer:
- 1 can coconut cream (thick part on top)
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen berries (to add in at the end and mix by hand)
- Create the cookie dough layers: Combine all the ingredients in one bowl and mix together super well to create an even batter
- Using a lined Tupperware or rectangular container, scoop out half the dough and press it into the bottom of the Tupperware. Press the dough evenly and flat
- Make the banana ice cream layer: Combine the ingredients (except the berries) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once smooth, hand mix the berries into the mixture. Pour the ice cream mixture on top of the cookie dough layer and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Once the ice cream is solid, press the rest of the cookie dough on top as flat and even as possible. Freeze overnight!
- Cut into squares and enjoy!