Whenever summer hits, I crave all things cold and all things sweet. Especially this summer, it has been so hot that I seriously crave ice cream every single day. While there are quite a few good dairy free ice cream alternatives on the market, I still love to create my own. I love how easy and simple I can make it without adding a bunch of ingredients I don’t necessarily love. That’s why I’m so excited to bring you a dairy free NICE cream full of chunks of chocolate and cashew. I have been on a nice cream roll recently so expect more of these in the near future 🙂
- 3 frozen bananas (cut them up first and then freeze overnight)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup raw cashew butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 crushed up chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Once the bananas have frozen, add them into a food processor with the other ingredients (not chocolate or cashews yet) and blend until smooth
- TIP: stir by hand if the bananas are not blending. This might help to break up any chunks
- Once the mixture is creamy and smooth, hand mix in the chocolate and cashews
- Using a lined dish, pour the mixture and smooth out the top
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!
- TIP: let the nice cream defrost a little before eating, this will allow the creaminess to come back after it’s been in the freezer overnight!