The best invention of the summer may be nice cream. I’ve talked about this a few times over the course of the summer, but it’s such an amazing feeling to know that I can make my own ice cream whenever I want it. The consistency and texture of nice cream is so amazing and the recipes always allow for a little play. If you don’t like a certain ingredient, don’t hesitate to swap it for something you do like. The only ingredient I have not really found a good sub for is the banana. The banana is basically the base for this dessert and gives it that amazing texture. If you have any questions about the ingredients or what to swap for something else, comment below and ask! I always try to get back to everyone 🙂 Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
ALSO! This recipe is officially up on youtube. You can check out my Youtube Channel and watch the video for yourself at Chens Plate. I will also be posting more weekly videos that feature new recipes, helpful tips, and my day to day life. Looking forward to all your feedback, but for now, let’s get to the recipe!
Vegan “PB&J” Nice Cream
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup almond butter (can sub any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp honey (maple works too!)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- If you haven't done this to start, chop up the bananas and freeze them overnight. The frozen bananas are key to the perfect consistency of the nice cream
- Add the frozen bananas, along with all the other ingredients, into a food processor and blend until a smooth, thick consistency is formed. Watch out for any chunks or larger pieces that didn't blend all the way
- Pour the mixture into a lined container and smooth out the top
- Optional: add extra berries on top and press them in gently for some larger raspberry pieces
- Free overnight
- When you're ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let it defrost for about 5 minutes. Use an ice cream scooper to smoothly scoop out the nice cream and enjoy!