I refuse to let summer recipes go just yet. Trust me, I love and am obsessed with all things fall and winter. I can’t wait for the leaves to change colors, for the temperatures to drop, to pull out my sweaters, and to create all the fall inspired recipes. This time of year brings me so much joy inside and out and I want it to come faster. However, I am not ready to let go of summer themed recipes. I love the berries, the lemon, all the bright colors, and of course, ICE CREAM. I have been on such a roll with all things banana ice cream this summer and I’m sad it has to come to an end soon. I wanted to give y’all just one more, but with a fall inspired flavor: CINNAMON.
I called this recipe Cinnamon Roll Nice Cream because it genuinely tastes like a cinnamon roll. I was worried the cinnamon would be too overpowering, but it was just right. The recipe is so simple and easy to make and is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan which makes it perfect for all the picky eaters in your life. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do!
Cinnamon Roll Nice Cream
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup almond butter (can sub any other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp honey (maple works too)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- If you haven't done this to start, chop up the bananas and freeze them overnight. The frozen bananas are key to the perfect consistency of the nice cream
- Add the frozen bananas, along with all the other ingredients, into a food processor and blend until a smooth, thick consistency is formed. Watch out for any chunks or larger pieces that didn't blend all the way
- Pour the mixture into a lined container and smooth out the top
- Freeze overnight
- When you're ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let it defrost for about 5 minutes. Use an ice cream scooper to smoothly scoop out the nice cream and enjoy!