I truly had no idea what to call these. I’m not even sure what inspired these, maybe it was the entire container of strawberries that was going bad in my fridge, regardless, I’m so glad it happened. My roommate helped me with the name because they reminded her of the sweet version of a Jalapeno Popper.
I love how simple and easy this recipe is. No weird add ins, no expensive products, just plain and simple cookie dough stuffed with fresh berries dipped in melted chocolate. I also topped them with a sprinkle of sea salt for extra great flavor.
They are: gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and VEGAN!
Hope you guys like them as much as I do!
Strawberry Cookie Dough Poppers
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 16 small strawberries
- 1 melted chocolate bar
- Prep the strawberries by cutting off the greens. If any of the strawberries are larger, cut them in half
- Mix the ingredients for the dough (not the chocolate.) This dough should be thicker and easy to press into a ball. If it's not, try adding a little extra flour to thicken it!
- Take about 1 tbsp of dough and flatten it, place the berry in the middle, and wrap the dough around the berry. You may have to add a little extra dough if it doesn't cover the strawberry all the way around
- Repeat step 3 until there are no more berries or dough
- Melt the chocolate bar and dip each ball halfway
- Sprinkle a little sea salt on top
- Chill the balls in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!