Whenever I think of rice krispie treats I always think of my elementary school days. I was a part of my schools after school program and we always had a snack provided at the beginning of the program. There was always something new, but rice krispie treat days were by far my favorite. I loved the combination of the crispy rice and the melty soft marshmallow.
I prefer not to eat them these days because they’re honestly just too sweet for me. That’s why I love making my own and adding my own amount of sweetness and my own special flavors.
With the holidays just around the corner, I am definitely in the mood for all the winter treats, including pumpkin anything! Which is why I made these! Super easy to make and perfect for the holiday season. They are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. They’re also vegan which makes them perfect for all the picky eaters in your life. Hope you guys love them as much as I do 🙂
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups chex cereal
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Melt the chocolate chips
- Mix in all the ingredients (except the chex) and stir well to create a smooth mixture
- Once smooth, add in the chex cereal and mix well. Make sure the chex is well covered
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking dish and press it flat. Use your hands to press it together tightly
- Chill the bars in the freezer for about an hour or in the fridge for a whole day
- Once chilled, remove, let defrost a little, and chop into squares