Random-ish story, but one of my favorite things to do in the fall is go apple picking. I love dressing up in my favorite cold day outfit, feeling like my best self, and paying a little too much money to take a bag of apples home. This past weekend I went to a pumpkin patch that featured apple picking and a corn maze and I felt like a little kid again. The smells reminded me of being with my family back home and it brought a smile to my face.
So, that little trip inspired these! I took my donut hole recipe and pumpkin-fied it. I topped it with a coating of cinnamon sugar and it did not disappoint. I hope you guys like it as much as I do! Happy baking and happy fall friends 🙂
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon for the coating
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar for the coating
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for the coating
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well. Be sure to break apart any clumps formed by the pumpkin
- Combine the wet and the dry and mix to create a thick dough. This dough should be easy to mold into donuts without having to use a donut tray!
- Take handfuls of dough, the size can vary depending on what size you want, roll into balls and poke a hole in the middle. You might have to smooth out some cracks, but they'll bake perfectly I promise!
- Place on a non stick baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool
- Dip the top of each one in a bowl with melted coconut oil to cover
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix. Dip the donuts with the coconut oil into the mixture to coat the top