Are you team crunchy nut butter or smooth nut butter? I’m literally always smooth almond butter, but for some reason I gravitated towards a crunchy almond butter this month. My new jar inspired these babies and I’m so excited with how they turned out. The cookies are perfectly crisp on the outside, but soft and melty on the inside.
~ gluten free ~
~ dairy free ~
~ and refined sugar free ~
hope you guys like them as much as I do!
Crunchy Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all wet ingredients together first and stir well
- Add in the dry (except the chocolate chips) and stir well. The batter should be thicker so you may have to use your hands to mix the batter together
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips!
- Use an ice cream scoop or your hands and measure out the batter for the cookies. Mine made 16, but they were small. You can definitely make them bigger
- Place the cookies on a lined or non stick baking sheet and gently press them down flat. Bake for about 15 minutes. They will rise a little, so leave a little room in between each one
- Remove, cool, and enjoy!