I’m so into this recipe because I am literally combining my favorite things/holidays into one. I’m taking Fall, Halloween, and Christmas and shoving them into one cookie and I’m not mad about it.
These cookies are such a treat and I’m honestly going to be making them all season long. Get ready for gingerbread everything y’all.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and refined sugar free. The ingredients are super easy to find, clean, and easy to combine. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. Happy baking and ’tis the season.
Pumpkin Spice Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of each: pumpkin spice and ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate chips (for the decoration)
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Add in wet and mix well with a whisk or a fork until it forms a crumbly mixture
- Mix with your hands so that the mixture forms a dough. You should be able to roll into a ball and kneed a little more so it’s nice and smooth
- If the dough sticks to your hands, use a little tapioca starch on your hands or the outside of the dough
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into your desired thickness. Roll onto parchment paper with a little tapioca starch sprinkled on top to keep it from sticking
- Use a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter to make the cookie shapes. The dough can be a little tricky to lift and place on a baking tray so just be gentle with them
- When you run out of space to cut your cookies out, re roll the dough, and cut more out
- Bake at 350 for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re nice and golden brown. Take them out to cool all the way
- Melt the chocolate to decorate or use your favorite frosting! I have a few on my blog you can check out or just buy a pre-made one. Enjoy 🙂