You guys know how I feel about loafs. They’re so versatile and they’re good for literally every meal. You can add a slice to your breakfast alongside something savory, you can have it on it’s own for a little snack, you can top with almond butter or honey for a sweet treat, and the list doesn’t end here. I absolutely love them! You know what else is so versatile? Sweet potato! Sweet potato is the real MVP in life. Adding sweet potato puree to a recipe is one of my favorite things to do because it adds such a natural sweetness to your food and it keeps it extra moist (sorry for using that word lol). I used some for this recipe and it made such a difference. Hope you guys enjoy it!
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato puree (about 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and boiled)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk or water
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Optional: chocolate chips to top
- Combine all wet ingredients and whisk until smooth. The sweet potato should not have large chunks, but should mix well with the other wet ingredients.
- Add in dry and continue to mix well until smooth.
- Pour into a lined loaf pan, top with a handful of chocolate chips, and bake!
- Bake at 350 for an hour and 30 minutes! This takes longer than usual because the ingredients are more wet. Use a toothpick to check the inside before removing from the oven. If the toothpick comes out clean then it’s ready!
- Let cool, slice, and ENJOY 🙂