My fiance and I have been living together for more than 6 months and have been feeling a little stuck in the kitchen lately. When we first moved in together, we had so many recipes we wanted to try and new foods we wanted to eat together. However, after a few months, we found ourselves eating the same foods over and over again. While we both love spending time in the kitchen, sometimes it can be a little hard to find new inspiration or step out of your comfort zone when it comes to food. Enter AdapTable Kitchen 🙂
What To Expect
No Oven Needed!
I love using my air fryer to create new meals because I’ve been so reliant on my oven for years. Using the air fryer creates an amazing texture in the veggies and cooks the chicken to perfection.
This meal literally takes under 20 minutes to make. The veggies are super easy to prep and the chicken is pre-seasoned and spiced from AdapTable Kitchen.
Ways To Pass the Rut
- Try AdapTable Kitchen! This pre-seasoned and spiced meat makes cooking dinner inspiring again. The flavor combos are already decided for you, so all you have to do is think of something fun that goes along with the meat.
- Check out cookbooks for inspo! There are literally hundreds of cookbooks out there that can inspire your need food obsession or favorite meal. Especially when you already have the meat in mind with AdapTable Kitchen, all you have to do is find the side in a cookbook and go from there! Or use my side suggestion below.
- Social Media! There are people out there (myself included) who have made it their job to post and share new recipes every single day. When you’re feeling stuck, search anything on social media and something is sure to pop up. Like if you’re in the mood for easy cooked veggies, check out Chen’s Plate 😉
Check out Chen’s Plate Recent Posts and Recipes
Cut up sweet potato into small chunks (be sure to wash super well) and cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Once they’re ready, you can place in a bowl and add all seasoning and oil into here! I’d recommend mixing with your hands to distribute the spices evenly.
Place on Air fryer Tray
If your air fryer comes with a tray like mine, be sure to line with tinfoil or spray with extra oil to prevent any sticking. Spread the veggies and chicken out to allow for even cooking time.
This meal only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, so the plating should come easy too! I like to cut the chicken diagonally down to create perfect bite-sized pieces. TIP: drizzle a little lemon juice on top of your veggies with a pinch of sea salt for the perfect citrusy flavor.
If sweet potato or broccoli just are not your favorite, here are a few easy subs you can try this meal out with. The list is truly endless, but here are my favorites:
- Brussel Sprouts
Air Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast with Veggies
- 1 serving AdapTable Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder and cayenne
- Prep your veggies! Cut sweet potato and broccoli into small chunks and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Season the veggies with avocado oil and spices. Feel free to add any extra spices you enjoy or remove any that you don't have! The flavor profile is up to you.
- Spread the veggies onto your air fryer pan and place the chicken breasts on the pan as well. If your pan is not non-stick, be sure to line with foil or spray with extra avocado oil.
- Air fry at 350F for about 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked fully through and the veggies start to crisp.
- Plate up and enjoy! For extra flavor, squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the veggies after they're cooked.