There is seriously nothing easier than a microwave singe serve dessert. It’s perfect when you want a sweet treat for yourself, but don’t have the time or ingredients to properly bake 12 cookies or a full loaf or a full batch of brownies. While I love spending time in the kitchen, these microwave mug cakes have my heart. They are so easy to make and the ingredients are always so easy and simple. You can add your own favorite add-ins like chocolate chips or banana slices or even blueberries to this little cake and make it even better! I kept it nice and simple for you guys, but definitely get creative with the recipe. If you make this cake, be sure to tag me @chens_plate on Instagram so I can re-share your amazing recreations. Happy eating
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp honey (maple works too!)
- 1 egg (flax egg works too!)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well
- (optional) add in chocolate chips, banana slices, or chunks of fruit!
- Pour the batter into a non-stick ramekin dish or a large mug
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!