No products in the cart.
Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Vegan. Refined Sugar Free.
Growing up, I remember eating sweets with tea with my family. It was always such a calming time for me because we would sit together as a family and chat about our day or week and enjoy the time with our favorite sweet food. When I made this coffee cake, those moments are what came to mind. This coffee cake is the perfect texture, especially paired with tea or coffee. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! Happy baking 🙂
Note: I made these and topped them with extra cashew butter from Project Juice. Feel free to use the same, or sub another smooth nut butter!
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (Project Juice)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make the cake: Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Add in the wet and mix to finish off the batter
- Pour the cake batter into a lined baking dish and smooth out the top
- Make the crumble: combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend. There should still be some bigger clumps left, so don’t overblend!
- The crumble will be a little wetter than you expect. Use your hands to break apart the crumble and sprinkle it on top of the cake
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the crumble has baked fully and the cake is no longer wet! Look for golden brown edges
- Cut and ENJOY