Guilty pleasure: fries! I love fries in any form. Regular potato, sweet potato, zucchini, the options are endless. While I love giving in to my cravings and treating myself to some normal fried fries, I love to make healthy versions of my favorite foods. So this time I made crispy baked zucchini fries coated in Simple Mills sun dried tomato crackers. The ingredients are super minimal since the flavor comes from the amazing crackers! Hope you guys like it. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂
- 1 box of simple mills crackers (any flavor will work, but I used sun dried tomato)
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 medium sized zucchini’s
- Cut zucchini into fry shapes. I left the peel on mine so it works either way!
- Crack an egg into a flat bowl or plate and mix the yolk and white together well
- Make the coating of the fries by using a food processor to create a flour like texture with the crackers. There can be some bigger pieces left, but the coating sticks better with a thinner mix
- Dip each piece into the egg and then into the flour (cracker mix) to coat the piece well
- Repeat the steps for each piece and lay each one on a non stick baking sheet with spaces in between
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. I broiled it at the end for about a minute to make the tops crispy! Enjoy!