No products in the cart.
Is there a food that reminds you of someone or brings you back to a certain memory from your childhood/past? I have a few foods that do that for me, but one of my favorites is fried green tomatoes. I can’t say I love them too much to be honest, but my mom is obsessed with them. If a restaurant had them or was known for them, she would always order a little plate to try. Recently she’s been trying to eat a little healthier and find great alternatives to the foods she already loves. And while there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating a little fried food every now and again, I wanted to try and give her a non-fried alternative. Trust me, you won’t know the difference. These turned out way better than I could have ever imagined and they only require three ingredients. They are still super crispy, full of flavor, and I am officially a fan. Let me know if you have any questions about the recipe. Happy cooking and happy eating 🙂
- 3 green tomatoes (you want them to be on the firmer side)
- 1 bag of Beanfields Pico de Gallo chips (you can sub for another flavor or another brand, but I love this one)
- 1 egg
- Use a food processor to blend the bag of chips into a fine powder. Some bigger pieces are okay, but it works better when it resembles a powder. Pour the mixture onto a flat bowl or plate
- Crack one egg into a separate flat plate or bowl and scramble it
- Slice the tomatoes into even thin slices
- Coat them! Dip one slice on both sides into the egg mix and then dip both sides into the chip flour mixture. Repeat this step until all sides have been coated evenly
- Place the tomatoes onto a lined baking tray and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Depending on the chips you used, this time may vary. Just check on them and look for a crispy golden brown coloring
- Let them cool and enjoy!