One of the most versatile ingredients: avocado. No for real! You can make avocado sweet or savory and it’s still amazing. They’re so creamy that they make baking a breeze and they pick up whatever flavor their paired with. I have been loving playing around with such a quality ingredient so here’s another recipe including the fabulous avocado. This recipe only has 7 ingredients so it’s super easy to make and it involves actually zero baking. All you need is a food processor and a freezer and you’re set to go. The base of these bars is made with chocolate Emmy’s Cookies. Just click the name if you’re not sure what those are. You can find them at any grocery store and eat them at any point; they are so good on their own, and perfect for adding to any recipe. Hope you guys love this simple recipe as much as I do!
- 1 full bag of Emmy’s chocolate cookies
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup and 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Optional topping: bee pollen, coconut flakes, sea salt
- Start with the bottom layer of the bars: throw the chocolate cookies and almond butter into a food processor and blend. The dough should be crumbly, but should be able to stick together
- Press the dough into a lined tray. A rectangular shaped Tupperware is perfect for this step. Line the container with foil or parchment paper to make taking it out, easier
- Create the frosting: throw all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. The frosting should be light and fluffy and easy to spread
- Pour the frosting on top of the bottom layer and spread it out evenly
- Top with optional sea salt or bee pollen and then freeze! Freezing it for a couple of hours make it easy to cut and prevents the crust layer from breaking apart
- After it’s frozen, remove and slice. Store the leftovers in the fridge so the frosting can become super soft and smooth again or in the freezer for more of a fudgy topping Enjoy!