No products in the cart.
As you guys may have realized by now, I thrive when it comes to baking sweets. I love coming up with something clean and simple that can satisfy my always large sweet tooth. However, more and more I am finding the fun in the savory foods. Especially since I love to meal prep, it’s fun to mix the week up by trying something new. One of my go to meal prep set ups is the Mexican food theme. I’m talking tacos, fajitas, or burritos and most importantly, all the chips and salsa you can imagine. Usually I’ll just cut chicken into pieces and cook them in the oven or on a pan with a little spicy seasoning, but for this week, I am going all out. I wanted something spicy and crispy which is exactly what I did here. I made Jalapeno Nacho chicken tenders baked in the oven. I don’t love fried foods, and in my opinion, baking these turned out even better. They’re super crispy and perfectly moist on the inside. I am so excited to share this meal prep inspo with you guys. Hopefully it sparks your meal prep love and helps you prepare for your long week ahead.
- 1 egg
- 1 bag of Jalapeño Nacho Beanfield’s Chips
- about 10 chicken tenders
- Crack one egg into a wide, flat bowl and scramble it using a fork
- Using a food processor or simply your hands, create a flour like consistency with the whole bag of chips. I love how fine it becomes in the food processor and I find that it works better when I bake it. Pour the mixture into a separate wide, flat bowl
- Coat the chicken tenders. Dip each tender into the egg bowl and make sure you cover it well. Then dip the chicken into the “flour” bowl and coat the chicken tender well
- Repeat this step for each piece and lay each one on a lined baking sheet. Leave some room between each one so they don’t stick
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. I have found that this time varies depending on the thickness of your chicken, so just cut one in half to check if it’s fully white and cooked in the center
- These are best when eaten fresh, but store them in the fridge to eat throughout the week if you’re meal prepping!