No products in the cart.
Scones: sweet or savory? Why can’t you have both! I have been seeing a wave of sweet scones lately and I have been craving the savory. So here we are! I combined some of my favorite ingredients together to make a super fluffy savory scone. These are seriously the perfect addition to any meal, sweet or savory. They are gluten free, dairy free, and grain free. I have not tried to sub out other ingredients just yet, but if you try it out, let me know what’s working for you 🙂 Happy baking y’all!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup mashed Japanese sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp red pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- Optional to top: 1 egg, lemon peel seasoning, sesame seeds
- Prepare the sweet potato mash by peeling, boiling, and mashing one medium sweet potato. Let it cool!
- Mix the potato with all the other wet ingredients and try to break apart any clumps from the potato. I used a fork and just mixed as well as I could!
- Add in the dry and mix well. I used my hands at this point because it’s a thick dough! You should be able to form a large ball of dough here
- Form the dough into a ball and lay it out on a line baking tray. Flatten the ball out slightly to create an almost disc like shape, not thin at all
- Pre-score the dough before baking. So cut into it four times evenly to create a wheel shape (see cover image) Keep the dough together at this point. Brush the top with an egg wash as well as sesame seeds or any other seasoning you like
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, take them out of the oven, cut back into them along the scores and separate each piece on the pan. Place back into the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy! Happy baking 🙂