No products in the cart.
Fun Fact: I grew up eating so many olives. If you don’t love olives, well you probably aren’t even reading this, but you definitely won’t love this story. I was born in Israel and I lived there until I was six years old. I remember grocery shopping with my grandpa and going down aisles and aisles of fresh olives. He would let me take a few (totally not allowed by the way, but nothing stood in my grandpas way) and I couldn’t be happier. I would ask to go down the aisle again and again until I was stuffed with olives and I have been obsessed with them ever since then.
A couple of years ago, I learned to fear them. I learned that olives had a lot of fat in them and I thought that eating them would cause me to gain fat. It was such a wrong way to think and I’m so glad I have been able to grow and move past that. Nothing can hold me back from a good olive now! Which is why I wanted to make these simple olive crackers. I combined my love for olives and my love for simple cooking/baking. I realized there were so many brands of crackers out there that were full of ingredients I couldn’t even pronounce. I wanted clean and simple and perfect for snacking. SO! These are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and grain free. No added chemicals or refined sugar, just plain and simple. I hope you guys like them as much as I do! Happy baking.
- 1 and 1/2 cups pitted olives
- 1/4 cup dairy free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- In a food processor, blend the olives until there are no larger chunks. It shouldn’t create a liquid mixture, so smaller pieces are ok! NOTE: I used pre seasoned olives so they already had a lot of flavor. You can add a little seasoning here while you blend if you want more flavor to your crackers
- Take the olives out of the blender and mix in the cream cheese. Hand mix this until a smooth mixture is formed
- Add in the almond flour and continue to stir
- Roll out even balls from the dough and press them flat. The mixture can stick to your hands, so wet your hands with a little water in between as you roll to prevent this from happening. Press them as flat as you can to make thin round shapes. The thinner you can get it, the crispier the cracker will get
- Lay them flat on a non stick or lined baking tray and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, flip them over so they can brown on the other side and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Time may change depending on how thin your crackers are, so just keep an eye on them!
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, let it cool, and enjoy