No products in the cart.
You guys know by now that my absolute favorite part of the day is breakfast. I love waking up and starting the day on the right foot, with a yummy meal that makes my heart and belly happy. I’m always looking for ways to spice up my breakfast which is why I came up with these coffee French toast sticks! They’re made with sprouted grain and they’re dairy free, refined sugar free, and they’re the perfect breakfast food. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! Happy baking and happy eating 🙂
For the French Toast:
- 2 slices of sprouted grain toast
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp instant coffee grounds
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Combine the egg, almond milk, and coffee into a wide flat bowl and mix well until the coffee grounds melt into the liquid
- Combine the cinnamon and coconut sugar into another wide flat bowl and mix it well
- Cut the bread into long stick shapes and dip each one in the liquid mixture first. Let the pieces soak up the mixture as much as possible!
- Take each piece out of the liquid mixture and dip it into the sugar mix. Coat each piece well
- Place the bread sticks on a frying pan with a little avocado oil and let each side crisp up for a few minutes. Use a low to medium head to prevent the outside from browning too quickly
- Let cool, serve with the dipping sauce, and enjoy!