No products in the cart.
Lemon may be one of my favorite summer flavors. Lemon may be one of my all time favorite flavors any time of the year. I grew up using lemon in literally everything. My family and I would make salad dressing out of lemon and olive oil (try it, trust me.) I love the flavor that lemon adds to my food and that’s why I decided to make this recipe. I’ve been dying to make scones for a long time, but I couldn’t pick the flavor I wanted. When I had leftover blueberries and a lemon in my fridge, I took it as a sign that that was the flavor my scones needed.
This recipe may be one of my favorites. I love the fluffiness of the scones and the flavor combo of the blueberries and tangy lemon. I hope you guys like them as much as I do!
Also, this recipe has a matching video! Check out my Insta: @chens_plate to check out an easy step by step video tutorial. Happy baking!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Combine all wet ingredients first and mix well
- Add in the dry and use your hands to mix the batter. The batter should be thicker and easy to mold, so keep mixing until you can easily form a ball
- Mix in the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter. Some may break apart, but thats ok!
- Form the dough back into a ball and place it on a lined baking sheet. Gently, press the ball down to create a flat, thicker disc. The thickness may vary depending on how thick you want your scones
- Using a sharp knife, gently cut the disc 4 times to create 8 triangles. Leave the triangles together! DO NOT SEPARATE them. This allows them to bake evenly and come out the perfect shape when it’s baked. Before baking, press some extra blueberries on top!
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. This may vary depending on the thickness of your disc! Look for golden brown edges to know it’s ready
- Let them cool and use a sharp knife to cut back along those pre-cut lines. Separate them and enjoy!