No products in the cart.
You guys know how much I love sweets. I love spending time in the kitchen creating sweet cookies, cakes, and muffins. However, on random occasions, I will get inspired to create savory recipes. Typically, I’ll create some sort of bread substitute. As someone who eats gluten free, I know it can be challenging to find gluten free bread so making it is always a great option for me. I love being able to customize the flavors to exactly what I am craving.
Which is why I am so excited to bring you guys cassava flour based VEGAN biscuits. They’re super easy to make and the texture is so perfect. You can find an easy step by step recipe below! Happy baking 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/2 cup mashed Japanese sweet potato
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Peel and boil one small Japanese sweet potato. Once soft, mash to create 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- With the sweet potato, add all the wet ingredients first and mix well. Be sure to break apart any clumps from the sweet potato
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. The dough should be thicker, so you might have to use your hands in order to mix it well
- Use an ice cream scooper to create biscuit shapes onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350 for about an hour. The centers need to be cooked through before you remove them from the oven!
- Cut them in half, top with whatever you’re in the mood for, and enjoy!