Keeping it nice and simple with this recipe guys! I don’t have any new knowledge to give you or a new story to share. I just made a new recipe and I’m obsessed with it. It’s so light and fruity which makes it the perfect dessert for any time of the day. The recipe was inspired by one I found on insta, but since I have so many weird food sensitivies, I created a new one to fit my needs. I made a batch of these and they were gone within two days. So if that’s not proof of just how amazing these are, I don’t know what is. I always have a fear that I’m going to make something that only I like, but these were a hit with everyone. Even my extended family ate these on repeat for a couple of days, so that helped validate my baking abilities. I love feeding others and seeing their face light up when they eat something they truly love. Even if I’m making them Tostitos in the oven, if they love it, it really makes me happy. So I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions.
For the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups dried apricots
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbs almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 figs for the top
- Create the filling first by adding all the ingredients into a food processor. The result should resemble a paste (not too liquidy) Leave this off to the side as you make the dough for the crust.
- Combine the dry ingredients first and mix well. Then slowly add in wet ingredients and make sure everything is combined perfectly. The dough should be a slightly wetter dough, but still easily formed into a crust shape
- Take half the dough and press it into a lined 8×8 baking tray. Try to press it down evenly at the bottom
- Take the filling and pour it on top into the baking tray. Spread the filling well so that it’s evenly spread on top of the bottom layer of crust.
- Use the other half of the dough to top the filling. Press a even layer on top so that the apricot filling is well covered.
- Cut up five figs into even slices and press them into the top layer.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool before you cut it into squares!