Have you ever tried to make a recipe and ends up being a total fail? By fail I just mean not exactly what you had imagined. When I was making these originally I thought I’d have nice thick cookies full of coconut and pecan. What I got was one giant sheet cookie full of coconut and pecan! The cookies spread so much that they formed one giant cookie. However, instead of chucking the pan, I cut them into squares and the cookie bar was born. Honestly, it’s one of the yummiest things I’ve ever made even though it happened on accident. The flavors together are just a match made in heaven. These were gone before they could even make it into the fridge so I hope you guys like it as much as I did. Happy baking!
- 1 cup thick almond butter
- 1/2 cup date honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans (tiny pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except for the pecans and the coconut. Mix them all until the mixture is super smooth and mixed well
- Add in the the pecans and coconut and continue to mix until they’re well in the mixture
- Use a lined non stick baking sheet and create cookie shapes with the mixture. It’s a more liquid batter, so just use a spoon to create circle shapes
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes and expect that the cookies spread! They should spread out and connect so that you can cut them into squares then they’re cool. You’ll know when they’re ready because they’ll be just golden brown on the top
- Once it’s totally cooled, cut the sheet cookie into squares and top with a little sea salt. Enjoy!
Let me know if you have any questions!