No products in the cart.
I don’t always post savory recipes, but when I do, it’s pasta! Or gnocchi in this case, is that considered pasta, I don’t really know… I am so excited to share this recipe because it’s only 3 ingredients, gluten free, vegan, and paleo! I think it’s pretty easy to make, but let me know if you have any questions! Happy cooking 🙂
- 1 small sweet potato mashed
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp avocado oil (for the pan to cook)
- Prep the sweet potato: peel one small sweet potato, cut it into large chunks, and place into a pot. Cover the pieces with water and bring the water to a boil. Do this until the pieces of potato are soft enough to pierce with a fork. Drain the water and mash the potato chunks. Make sure to break apart any bigger pieces of potato
- Mix the mash with the cassava flour and salt. You can also add any other seasonings into the dough, but I find that the sauce you put on the gnocchi when you’re ready to eat it, can carry a lot of flavor
- Mix the dough with your hands until you can firm it up enough to roll it into a big dough ball. The dough should not be super sticky, so if you’re having a hard time rolling it into this ball, add a little more flour until it thickens up
- There are many different ways to roll the dough into the gnocchi pieces, I did one by one which took a long time, but I loved it. You can roll the dough into a long snake shape and use a knife to cut little pieces to make the process faster
- Once you have the pieces, use the back of a fork, and gently roll the gnocchi onto the prongs of the fork to make the indents on the gnocchi
- Oil up a flat pan, heat on a medium to low heat, and cook the gnocchi until it’s cooked through and crispy on the outside. I personally love the crisp outside, but the important part is that it’s cooked fully through. The color will become much darker and the inside should be light and fluffy. Just cut one in half to check if it’s ready
- Eat them plain, add sauce, add a little seasoning! Have fun with it and enjoy!