While I love to bake, there’s also something so satisfying about a no bake recipe! It’s so easy and convenient and then you have a sweet treat on hand when you’re craving it. These bars are gluten free and vegan for those in need! I’ll just leave y’all to the recipe, hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 bag Emmy’s golden milk cookies (9 cookies total)
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Line a tin with parchment paper to prevent sticking. You can use a brownie dish or even a Tupperware works as well
- Create the cake layer first by blending all the ingredients together. Just blend until there are no bigger pieces left. You don’t want this to be super creamy, but more of a sticky dough so it holds together as the base
- Using your hands, press the dough together at the bottom of the lined dish firmly
- Make the frosting by blending together the ingredients until smooth. You can use cashews instead of macadamia nuts, but the flavor is perfect using the macadamia. Using a spoon, layer the frosting on top of the cake layer and smooth it out
- Freeze overnight, cut into pieces, and enjoy! Let it defrost for a couple of minutes if you want the piece to be a little softer, but it’s great either way.