What was your favorite cereal growing up? Mine was Cookie Crisp Cereal
My mom always tried to get us to eat the “healthier” cereals, but my brothers and I always tried to argue for the Coco Puffs, Trix Cereal, and Fruit Loops. Cereal really was my favorite as a kid because it turned the milk into different flavors. I could eat cereal everyday and have no regrets. However, now that I’m gluten free, dairy free, and corn free, it’s hard for me to find cereals that fit into my diet. I still crave the same breakfast as I did when I was a child, but now I know I’ll have regrets when I eat them because my stomach will fight back. So, now I make my own! It may seem a little crazy to make my own cereal, but I refuse to not eat my favorite food just because I can’t find it in stores.
Which brings me to Homemade Cookie Crisp Cereal. Gluten free, dairy free, corn free, and refined sugar free. It only has 4 ingredients and it’s super simple to make. Hope you guys enjoy the recipe as much as I did. Happy baking and happy eating!
- 1 box crunchy chocolate chip cookies (Simple Mills)
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- In a food processor, blend one full box of cookies until a flour like texture is formed
- In a bowl, mash the banana, combine it with the egg, and mix well
- Add the blended cookies into the bowl with the banana and egg and mix well to create a thicker batter
- Using your hands, roll out small balls from the dough about the size of regular cookie crisp cereal. This can be a little tedious, but trust me, it’s worth the patience
- Lay the little balls on a non stick baking tray and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. If you don’t bake these enough, they will still be soft on the inside!
- Let them cool completely and then eat with almond milk