What’s your go to savory meal?
For the longest time, it was my grandma’s spaghetti and tomato sauce. Whenever we would go and visit my family out of the country, the first meal she would make us would be her famous pasta and schnitzel. The entire meal just made my heart happy.
However, now that I don’t eat gluten, I still find myself craving these warm dishes. I still want pasta, and the amazing sauce, and all that goes along with it, but I don’t want the stomach ache associated with the gluten. So, rather than being upset by my lack of pasta options, I make my own. I especially love making seasonal flavors of pasta. I hope y’all love this one as much as I do. Happy fresh pasta making!
4 Ingredient Vegan Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix the pumpkin mash with the cassava flour, garlic power, and salt. You can also add any other seasonings into the dough, but I find that the sauce you put on the gnocchi when you’re ready to eat it, can carry a lot of flavor
- Mix the dough with your hands until you can firm it up enough to roll it into a big dough ball. The dough should not be super sticky, so if you’re having a hard time rolling it into this ball, add a little more flour until it thickens up
- There are many different ways to roll the dough into the gnocchi pieces, I did one by one which took a long time, but I loved it. You can roll the dough into a long snake shape and use a knife to cut little pieces to make the process faster
- Once you have the pieces, use the back of a fork, and gently roll the gnocchi onto the prongs of the fork to make the indents on the gnocchi
- Oil up a flat pan, heat on a medium to low heat, and cook the gnocchi until it’s cooked through and crispy on the outside. I personally love the crisp outside, but the important part is that it’s cooked fully through. The color will become much darker and the inside should be light and fluffy. Just cut one in half to check if it’s ready
- Eat them plain, add sauce, add a little seasoning! Have fun with it and enjoy!